Vocal Music Audition Requirements for Division of Music Admission and Scholarships
All prospective music majors must complete a music application and audition for the music faculty!
- Two memorized works. Contrasting styles are preferred. Vocal District and State contest repertoire are encouraged. One foreign language song is highly encouraged, but not required.
- Vocalize as requested.
- Sight-read a passage of music (on solfege, numbers, or la,la,la).
- Sing the Star Spangled Banner or another traditional song unaccompanied as requested.
- Please include a repertoire list of solo pieces with your music application.
- Please let the music division office know if you need an accompanist when you set up your audition. (Please be sure to bring copies of your sheet music with you to the audition for the accompanist.)
To schedule an audition or for more information please contact:
OBU Division of Music405.585.4301
Vocal Music Coordinator
Dr. Louima Lilite, Assistant Professor of Music